Our team at Paul's Vegas Photography has shot more than a thousand headshots for professionals. We have found there are some things that you can do to help us create the headshot that best represents you.
10 tips for Professional Headshots
1. Do not put lotions, sun screens, or any oil on your skin the day of your headshot. Matte makeup is the best to use. You don't want to look shinny. Oils reflect light and require additional photoshop in order reduce the shine.
2. Iron, steam or press your clothes, your a professional and you should look like you care about your appearance.
3. Sold color clothes - small patterns cause problems for cameras. Also avoid large jewelry, small simple jewelry is best.
4. Women's makeup needs to be matte and natural looking. Professional makeup artists know that for photography, models need matte finish makeup to be photograph properly. If you plan on doing your own makeup then you should look into finding matte finish makeup. We recommend women use a professional makeup artist. Do not use makeup with glitter. Having glitter in your makeup is great for nightclubs but it doesn't work for business photography.
5. Hair, wear it as you would normally wear it. Your headshots are not a place to experiment on a new hair style.
6. Colors selection is important blue, green and grey usually work better. Be cautious of white, pinks, bright yellows, bright oranges as your main outfit color..
7 Layers are good most of the time. You should think about bringing layers of clothes. It offers us options when creating your headshot.
8. Women's neckline is import when selecting clothes, You want to select a neckline that draws attention to you face, not other parts of your body. Avoid turtle neck also. Remember the headshot is to be used for business and you should dress that way.
9. Get some sleep the night before your headshot session. The better rested you are the better your headshots will look. We know that is tough in Las Vegas sometimes but it will make a difference. Drink plenty of water the night before your headshots, remember it is the desert.
10. Think about the audience you are trying to reach with your headshot and select clothes which that audience expects a professional in your field would wear.
These tips will help us create professional headshot which in turn will create your best professional image. Book your headshot session today at our studio or your office call 702 330-5838 for details and rates.